Pores are tiny little openings in the skin which contain the body’s natural oils, called sebum, produced by the sebaceous gland. Each oil gland contains a hair follicle, and the small holes at the surface of the skin are the pores we see.
The reality is that everyone grows hair which means everyone has pores! The problem that most people encounter with their pores is that they can appear larger when clogged and can cause breakouts.
Unfortunately, you can’t shrink your pores. But the good news is that with the right skin care habits and products, you can clean clogged pores and prevent them from getting clogged. Follow these next couple tips for pore extraction and maintenance.
1. Start by washing your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser. This allows you to begin with a clean surface so oils, makeup or dead skin cells cannot enter the pores once they are unclogged.
2. Steaming your face will help open the pores, making the materials that clog your pores easier to remove. Here are a couple suggestions on how to steam your face:
- Soak washcloths in hot water and place on your face for three minutes.
- Hold your face over a bowl of hot water and place a towel over your head.
- Buy a face steamer
3. Buy an extraction tool at a local drugstore. This is the more hygienic and safer alternative to squeezing pores with your fingers. If the clogged portions of the pore do not easily come out after a few tries at pressing on the pore, stop trying in order to prevent scarring.
4. After you are finished extracting the pores, take cotton squares or cotton balls and dip them in a mixture benzoyl peroxide (5-10%) and wipe it over extracted areas.
Gentle pH balanced Cream Cleanser available now! Just click the link below