Eczema is an inflammation of the skin in which the patches of skin may be red, itchy and flake off. The cause of this disease is unknown as it can occur on any part of the body but is typically found on the arms, knees, elbows and knees. If you’re looking for natural treatments for eczema, it can be tough. But some of the most common places you can find things for these natural remedies, are place like the grocery store, vitamin stores such as GNC, or any other stores.
1. An eczema itch at night is even more cumbersome to deal with because one is not aware of what they are doing and might end up scratching the wound and festering it further in their sleep. For such people (and even others), it has been shown that having a cup of chamomile tea helps to relieve eczema itch.
2. Apply olive oil to your scalp periodically. Lavender and hemp oils are also effective in nourishing the skin and keeping it moisturized, which is so often lacking in those with eczema. To avoid overly greasy hair, perform this treatment once every few days.
3. You can use Aloe Vera lotion, which can give you relief from intense itching. Aloe vera contains vitamin A, D, and E are the best choices.
4. Applying witch hazel to the affected area a few times a day can help, as does applying watermelon peel. Making a nutmeg paste and then applying it can help decrease inflammation. Much of the items used in the natural remedies have antibacterial properties so it is a possibility that eczema may be from bacteria, though the actual cause is unknown.
5. Vitamin C is a great source of antihistamines which helps to fight infection. That is why it is important that you increase the content of foods that contain this vitamin and include them in your diet. Sources of vitamin C are plenty – most citrus fruits, grapefruits, spinach, broccoli and others should be made a part of every meal.
6. Resist the urge to scratch, no matter how strong. Scratching increases inflammation, causing more scaling and potentially introducing infection. Creams and lotions may help, but the best solution is to avoid scratching.
7. It’s also very important to stay away from things that cause your eczema to get irritated. Things such as perfumes, certain detergents, and scented soaps. These kind of things should be avoided as much as possible.
8. One of the most recommended and efficient remedies are the observance and regular adherence to a healthy and proper food intake. Make sure that your body takes in lots of natural fruits and vegetables in order to maintain a healthy body from inside and out. Research the different food groups that your body specifically needs to ensure that your skin problem is not triggered or aggravated. It is also important to have regular fluid and water intake to keep your body moist.
Author is an online medical researcher on eczema treatment and skin care. Click read more on eczema treatment, how to treat eczema naturally.