Nummular eczema affects about two out of every 1,000 people in the United States, but affects the elderly more often. Initially, nummular eczema is red but later resembles ringworms. The best thing about using natural homemade recipes for the cure and treatment of eczema is that you could make them on your own. There are treatment options that make use of all-natural ingredients which you could easily find in your home.
1. When prescription creams do not work for eczema, many are advised to opt for aloe vera based products. This is indeed one of the best herbal remedies for eczema. Extracts of aloe vera plants have been used for years for the treatment of skin disorders like eczema and acne. Aloe vera gels are available at various drug stores and is a proven remedy to combat eczema successfully. Children with sensitive skin can safely use it topically to get the desired result.
2. Make a skin wash using the following ingredients: 1 tsp. comfrey root, 1 tsp. white oak bark, 1 tsp. slippery elm bark. Boil all the ingredients in 2 cups of water for 35 minutes. Let it cool and wash the affected area(s).
3. Witch hazel is very effective and soothing to the skin. Rub is on with a clean cotton ball up to six times each day. This will heal the inflammation and sooth the skin.
4. Another way to make use of water is through cold compression on the affected area. Apply cold compress on the red, prickly patches of your skin twice a day or as needed. This gives relief from itchiness without having to rub messy, smelly, and expensive creams on your skin.
5. Crush almond leaves and put them in water. The paste thus prepared is regarded as a natural cure for eczema rash. Applying this paste over the area showing eczema can considerably minimize discomfort. Daily application of this mixture is definitely useful to reduce the itching the redness that accompanies eczema.
6. Apply vitamin E on the nummular eczema. Vitamin E calms the itching and heals dryness caused by the nummular eczema.
7. Perfume Related Products Should be Avoided: Eczema is a disease which can strike people of all ages and it is also quite prone to individuals who tend to utilize perfume related products. There are individuals who are allergic to the usage of perfumes but they do not realize that diseases like eczema can affect their skin.
8. Mashed papaya seeds have also made it to the top natural remedies for eczema. Directly applying pounded papaya seeds on your affected skin will help ease the itchy sensation. Papaya also has enzymes that help in bringing back the natural condition of the skin.
Author is an online medical researcher on eczema treatment and skin care. Click read more on eczema treatment, how to treat eczema.