The exact cause behind eczema in children is not clearly known but many a times, it has been found to be hereditary. It can be triggered by some food allergies. It is more commonly found in children with dry, sensitive skin. When regular treatments fail to cure eczema, there are a number of alternative treatments that can help eliminate eczema in a matter of days. When used properly, home remedies can cure eczema quickly, often with less side effects.
1. For the long term treatment of eczema, it is better to utilize natural eczema treatments. More often than not, the right cure is the change in ones diet. To be specific, foods that have EFA (Essential Fatty Acids) are best combined with green, leafy veggies, plus, Aloe Vera (eaten or applied externally).
2. Soak a clean cloth in cold milk for about 1 minute. Apply the cloth directly to the afflicted area as a natural remedy for eczema. Leave the cloth in place for about five minutes to allow time for the milk to soothe the itching. Repeat as often as necessary to provide relief. Milk is one of the most popular eczema natural remedies because of its availability and effectiveness.
3. Coconut Oil: This is a good remedy for treating eczema, which is normally applied to the affected portions. This medication helps your skin to remain soft.
4. Wet wrap therapy is another successful and cheap home remedy for eczema that will help the skin retain moisture, alleviate itching, and reduce redness and irritation. This is a treatment that should be used daily for the best results. In fact, wet wraps are option immediately following a bath or shower and at night. After bathing or showering, moisturize the body as normal. Then, take fabric bandages and soak them in mild warm water. Apply and wrap around the impacted area, such as your elbows or knees.
5. Remember that insufficient vitamins and minerals is among the causes of eczema, and, if you eat a lot of vegetables regularly, you can solve that deficiency as veggies, specifically the leafy green ones, are rich in minerals as well as vitamins. Remember too that leafy and green veggies have a big amount of chlorophyll, which, is actually a remedy for eczema because it works by healing skin tissue damaged by eczema. It is recommended that people who have eczema eat at least three cups of leafy veggies every day.
6. Add ground colloidal oatmeal to the water when bathing to soothe itching. Reduce the frequency of bathing to once every three days, as washing strips the body of oils that lubricate the skin. Limit the duration of the bath to 10 minutes or less for the best results.
7. Sunbathing: This is a beneficial remedy that works to kill harmful bacteria.
Author is an online medical researcher on eczema treatment and skin care. Click read more on eczema treatment, how to treat eczema.