The chronic skin disorder, eczema, can be identified by the scaly, itchy rashes that show up on the body. Eczema is caused by a hypersensitivity reaction in the skin, which can lead to inflammation and discomfort. The first thing you can do is to see your doctor on possible ways to deal with the situation. To complement your doctor’s prescription, you may also perform your own eczema treatment therapy. Aside from prescription drugs, the eczema sufferer has options to change his/her diet or use herbal therapy as a home remedy for eczema.
1. While these will not cure the eczema, it will certainly help to get your itching under control. One such creme that you could use is hydrocortisone. Simple apply a small amount to the affected area preferably at nights just before bed. If this doesn’t help, stay tuned because there are more ways that you can stop the itching and burning and cure your eczema.
2. As stress has shown to be a major contributor in this and many other illnesses, start your day with a daily meditation and deep breathing. This does not have to be something fancy and you don’t have to sit in the lotus position unless you want to.
3. Vitamin E and fish oil gel capsules are recommended by many people, to help clear up the inflamed and dry patches. Fish oil is known to help block histamine production in a milder way than antihistamines. Vitamin E helps the skin remain elastic and supple. Coconut and olive oil are also supposed to be beneficial. There are also olive oil products available that can be applied directly to the skin.
4. Add oatmeal flakes to your baby’s bath to help ease itching. Make sure you ask your baby’s pediatrician before use, and discontinue if you notice an increase in itching or irritation.
5. Run a humidifier in your baby’s room at night; this will help to keep his skin hydrated. Use a cool-mist humidifier to reduce the risk of burns, and place the humidifier in a location safe from children and pe
7. Some people have had quite a bit of success with the application of tea tree oil. This organic substance is known to help heal the skin. It can come as a liquid, cream or gel to be applied topically. Some people make a paste of camphor and sandalwood and apply it directly to affected areas. Peppermint and Spearmint oils are naturally healing and also provide a cooling effect, which helps reduce redness and inflammation.
8. Many herbalist feel that the root cause for eczema may not be in the skin, but in the body. Red clover tea is similar to licorice and is thought to be a blood cleanser. Many like red clover mixed with chamomile as a cleansing and relaxing tea. Drink this mixture three times a day for 30 days to cleanse the body of toxins which may help clear your eczema.
Author is an online medical researcher on eczema treatment and skin care. Click read more on home remedies for eczema, how to treat eczema.